21 April 2010

the victorians in the digital age

I'm currently working an a talk I'm giving on Thursday called the Victorians in the Digital Age.  It's, as the title implies, about the circulation of Victorian periodicals in cyberspace, but it's also tangentially about the ways we re-conceive the Victorians today.  It's a massive deep think piece really, and I'm afraid it's utterly geeky in many ways.  Taking what I do and explaining it to an audience completely unfamiliar with the whole concept of a Victorian periodical or even a field called periodical studies is a daunting task.  Plus, I'm trying to put together a power point presentation that will make the whole thing at least visually relevant.

Since my brain is currently on overload and highly under caffeinated, I won't discuss the larger project yet--more to come.

No comments: