09 May 2008

knitting: my bathroom rug

My summer goal (I make these things, and for the most part, keep them) is to finish all the projects I have on needles. So, here is one thing I finished, a new bathroom rug.



Rug with/cat



I'm also learning how to use a digital camera. So, these pictures are not necessarily the best. The rug is from the Classic Knits at Home book. Unlike the pattern in the book, I choose to use Lion's Brand cotton ease in grey and stone. I also did it on size 9 needles instead of size 7. I wanted to it have a slightly looser weave, and I have something on my size 7 needles that I didn't want to finish before starting this. At any rate, if anyone wants to duplicate what I've done, they'll need to knit two additional short row panels. It's not long enough, otherwise. Once you get the hang of knitting short rows, which the book explains pretty well, the rugs knits pretty fast. It probably took me two weeks, but I suspect it's a weekend project for someone who doesn't just knit for an hour or two at a time. The only hard part is grafting it together. I'm still not sure if I did that part right.

No comments: